Las Vegas Convention Center
7-12 April 2018
Facilis Technology Ships New Version of its Advanced Shared Storage Solution
Feature-rich release adds class-leading system monitoring, load balancing and remote client deployment.
HUDSON, MA (March 23, 2018) – Facilis, (Booth SL7920), a leading international supplier of cost-effective, high performance shared storage solutions for collaborative media production networks, has announced the immediate availability of the latest version of its shared storage solution.
Showcased for the first time at NAB 2018 at booth SL7920, the new version builds on the revolutionary version 7.0 which included an all new web console interface and shared file system enhancements. The new version adds many more features that will help with the administration of large and small environments alike. Features include:
- Real-time and historical bandwidth monitoring of volumes and workstations - gives the administrator full overview of the network down to the individual user.
- RAID50 and RAID51 management through Admin Console - completes multi-server management improvements in the new web interface.
- Preferred connection address - allows an administrator or desktop user the ability to chose an alternate network path, increasing available bandwidth.
- Automatic load balancing of clients - helps administrators aggregate multiple network uplinks, and adds throughput simply by adding uplinks with no manual setup required.
- Remote client deployment - eases the load on administrators during server upgrades by automatically updating connected clients to the latest software version.
“We’ve ramped up development in the past year, and we’re now seeing the future of shared storage management and shared file system performance,” said James McKenna, VP at Facilis Technology. “With two major releases in the past year and more on the way, Facilis is poised to redefine the market.”
Facilis Shared Storage version 7.1 is currently available through the Facilis download center, and licensed at no charge for customers with a current support contract.
About Facilis Technology
Founded in 2003, Massachusetts-based Facilis Technology, Inc. designs and builds premium, turnkey shared storage solutions for collaborative media production across all content creation workflows. Their production-proven solutions are designed for use by the craft editor, facility engineer, and owner-operator alike. Flexible, scalable and compatible with industry-standard creative solutions, Facilis’ products blend seamlessly into any network environment and have been installed in more than 3,000 facilities worldwide.
All trademarks and copyrights are property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
For more information, please contact:
Veronique Froment or Doug Hansel